This is me. I’m a poet, writer & reviewer (and mum of three) based in Hampshire.
Having completed my Masters in Creative Writing, I worked as an editor and freelance writer for fifteen years. In 2018 I co-founded a creative writing group which led to a regular slot on BBC Berkshire’s book club and establishing the Facebook group, The Therapeutic Writing Lounge.
My interest in the positive effects of writing has led to me being interviewed on the radio about bibliotherapy and the impact writing has upon mental health. I have also talked on Mums without Makeup about the benefits of walking, writing and wellbeing, whilst walking the length of the Thames to raise funds for Mind.
I see myself as a facilitator. A person who is passionate about the power of words and what harnessing creative writing skills can do, which is why I’m keen to offer creative writing workshops in schools and youth clubs, as well as for adults in leisure and corporate settings. The promotion of poetry to encourage creativity, aid expression and boost confidence is something I feel strongly about and would like to build upon.
My work has been published widely both online and in print. I’ve been lucky enough to have poetry included in magazines (Mslexia, Reach Poetry, Hearing Voices), anthologies (In the Beginning, The Art of Poetry) and a forthcoming novella (‘The Black Violin’, Hedgehog Press). My writing has also been featured on a number of notable webzines (Ink, Sweat & Tears, RiversSide, The Poetry Village, The Ekphrastic Review, Nine Muses, Peeking Cat, Runcible Spoon).
My debut pamphlet will be published by Hedgehog Poetry Press later this year.
Awards & Recognition
- Ernest Frost Prize 2005 (1st Prize)
- Café Writer’s Award 2009 (1st Prize)
- Shortlisted Poetic Republic (MAG) poetry award 2009
- Shortlisted Poetic Republic (MAG) poetry award 2010
- Shortlisted for National Poetry Day 2020 #speakyourtruth poem 2019
- Poem included in Healing Words exhibition in Paternoster Square, London, 2019
- Bracknell Poetry Slam finalist 2020
- Poem included in #HapWrap exhibition at St Andrew’s University, Happenstance Press, 2020
- Shortlisted Candlestick Press ‘Getting Older’ competition
- Pamphlet longlisted – Verve Press 2020
- 2nd Annual Cupid’s Arrow Love Poetry Competition 2020 – Hedgehog Press (1st Prize)
- Longlisted for Butcher’s Dog Magazine
If you wish to send me review copies, please get in touch.